Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day two of Comic Con Recap

As I camp out on the sidewalk to see the Supernatural and Doctor Who panels tomorrow, I have finally found some time to update my adventures!

Thursday was SO much fun! Our day started out working at Artists Alley. It was pretty cool to be able to just walk right past the line and get into the exhibit hall before the doors opened. After getting checked in and ready I got to see the crowd enter the hall. First I heard a cheer over the crowd when they announced it was opening, then I got to watch a massive flood of people enter in. The stream of people didn't let up for at least 30 mins. My job was to try and get people not to trample each other ( I was successful ). 
After my duties were over Andrew and I decided to go look around and grab some lunch. Just people watching was amazing. Here is my favorite costume of the day! He called himself "Chef Vader" and I just love what he had on the menu! 


Worked out nicely with my Darth Vader polka dot skirt and the "whose your daddy" Darth Vader t-shirt (thanks again Mom for sewing me up my skirts).
After collecting some free swag and playing around at the exhibits, we decided to go watch our first panel. We went to see Divergent/ Enders game from Summit. 
I've been reading horror stories about how hard it is to get into the big hall (Hall H) and I was a little worried we might not make it in to the show. Lucky for us there was a bigger draw for people to go to the 20th reunion of the X files -something I wanted to do, but knew we didn't have a chance to get in- and the line for Hall H was much shorter because of it. 
The panel was moderated by Chris Hardwick ( he hosts the Nerdist, one of my favorite pod casts). It was fun and super entertaining. They had Veronica Roth, who wrote Divergent, on the panel along with the cast. 
Veronica Roth talking about the books.
The actors from the movie.

Next up was Enders Game. I really loved the story and was excited about this panel. Guess who came out to thunderous applause? None other than Indiana Jones himself! 
It was so cool to be in the same room as Harrison Ford! The only thing that made everyone groan was when a fan asked him "If Indiana Jones and Han Solo met each other, what do you think they would say?" His response was...uuuuh Hello?  

We stayed in the hall for the next few panels and were able to snake our way up to a closer seat. Then the big deal was up next...DEXTER! It was going to be the last time for them at Comic Con and the cast had just wrapped shooting the show a few  days ago. 
They did not disappoint! They brought out all the actors from past episodes, including the ones who had died ~ hello Rita and detective Doakes~ the only one missing was John Lithgow who made a short video to share with us. 

There were a lot of thank you's to the fans and some teary goodbyes.

When it was done we got to head over to the fulfillment room and get a little freebie. 
By the time we collected our stuff, we were both pretty beat. So back to the house to recharge! 

Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment