Friday, June 21, 2013

The countdown to SDCC is on!

And the stressing out starts as well

I went on a little trip to the lake last week and had little internet connection. As soon as that magical little wi-fi symbol popped up on my phone, I tapped right into the mighty internet. I wish I would have had a warning that the world was moving so fast while I was out soaking up the sun. 

First thing I checked was my email...and what do I see, but the fact that the re-sale for the badges was going on! Act quickly, send in your info and you MIGHT get to go! That whole event was over and done long before I read the email. It's alright because I have a volunteer spot just waiting for me, right? right? In box, please show me ANY kind of email that gives me some info about volunteering -no- well then, that sucks. I've been TOLD more than once that there is a spot for me and to expect some email with info this month. However, I'm starting to get real nervous that I might not get to go. I CAN'T STAND being in the dark and waiting. - I am NOT Batman. 

Then I check out twitter...BIG MISTAKE... talk about overwhelming amounts of info. I see so many updates, tips, exclusives  how to get into this party or that event, that my eyes are starting to cross. As a first timer, how am I supposed to know which event is worth leaving the Con for? I've discovered that SDCC will not post an event schedule until about 2 weeks before. I am sooooo worried that if I get ticket to something that my favorite show will be scheduled for a panel at the same time. If I wait until the schedule comes out, I might not be able to get tickets anymore! The planner in me is ready to jump off a bridge! 

Have no fear, Twitter will help me out ( and tumbler too). Thank the sky above that there are so many people willing to share all the info about SDCC ( even if it overwhelms me)! I feel like I should be tapped into twitter 24/7 because the info regarding Comic Con is coming so hard and fast, I might just miss something important. I really hope to meet up with a few of the most helpful nerds on twitter like: the nerdy girlie and Crazy 4 Comic Con. These two have been so nice and supportive of any question or comment I have. THANKS!


So now I'm slowly starting plan A for the Con. I will have a plan B, C and probably D if I need too, but first things first.
Things I REALLY WANT to be a part of:

Doctor Who  

(I've been nerding out over this show for years and SO EXCITED to finally be around others who love it as much as me)

Supernatural 

( Sam and Dean...need I say more) 

How I Met Your Mother 

( I just learned that they will be there and I CANNOT miss a chance to be in the same room as NPH) 

Hunger Games and the Hobbit 
If I get to meet Orlando Bloom, I might pee myself

( Big fan of both these movies)

Continuum  

( I just started watching this series and I'm hooked. It's a Canadian show and I'm not sure if it will be at the Con, but I really hope it is) 

Sherlock

I know this is probably not going to be there, but a girl can dream! 



What am I missing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment