Sunday, June 9, 2013

Looking good for SDCC

So many outfits, so little time!

Now that I'm OFFICIALLY GOING TO COMIC CON, I'm going to need something to wear. The first thing people have asked me when I tell them that I'm going is "Are you going to dress up?" While it WOULD be fun to dress up, I don't think I could handle staying in costume all day. So no, I'm not. But that doesn't mean I can"t wear some fun clothes inspired by my favorite shows!
I have been building my collection of nerdy tees, but I want something more for the Con. I  started my search on ESTY and holy cow talk about options! I cannot even handle how many awesome things that are out there. I've found everything from an adorable Doctor Who Skirt to some scary Star Trek Pasties ( which I will not be wearing). 

With ESTY as my inspiration, I've decided to go home made! Well, I'm going to have a friend make them in HER home. I think I'd like to make up a few skirts and add some appliques to a shirt/tank top to match. 

Next step was to go search out my fabric. I went to several places to try and find that perfect print and stumbled onto Spoonflower. I found so many awesome fabric choices that I really had to restrain myself when placing my order.

I love the flower! 
Little Darth Vader polka dots! 
Tardis Print!


I settled on a Tardis print, a Darth Vader print and a Storm Trooper print. I CAN'T WAIT to see these all made up! 

I might just order some custom painted shoes to match each dress, or maybe I will get crafty and DIY them. 


I am wondering if I should order some accessories online or if I will see lots of cute things at SDCC? Maybe I will get a few hair bows and maybe a bracelet first, then see what I can snag when I get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment