Sunday, May 19, 2013

let's get this started

My very first blog...

or more like my first diary entry. it's sort of exciting to see all this vast emptiness for me to fill up with my ramblings. Ahhh where will this take me? Let's find out shall we? 

I think I should share a little bit about my current obsession:

 SDCC yes, that means the San Diego Comic Con
I have made it my mission in life to go to the mother of all conventions this summer. I am going to embrace all the nerdiness and geekery that flows through my veins and go for broke. Go BIG OR GO HOME right?
I have always wanted to go to Comic Con, but never thought it would be something I'd actually do. I mean it seems cool and all, but there is defiantly an overwhelming side to it all.  Well, my bother recently moved there and I have been wanting to visit him anyways, WHY NOT GO TO COMIC CON! woo hoo
or so I thought...Turns out it is HARD to go to the biggest nerd-fest on the planet. I realized this when I started looking into buying tickets ( called badges). Ummm HOLY CRAP, you have to be a member to even try and get the badges, then you  have to duke it out internet style to try and nab the remaining badges when they release them. I was not so lucky. First I had to work when they went on sale, and second I did not comprehend the insanity behind the mad rush to get tickets. Those hot little numbers sold out in min. record breaking badge sales Needless to say, I did not get a badge.
HOPE IS NOT LOST! 
It is still possible to get some tickets when they sell any refunded badges at the end of may ( but there will not be very many for sale). hmmmm I'm going to try and see if luck is on my side when those bad boys get released. 
I'm still going! Even if I don't get a badge, I'll still get to visit my brother AND I've learned that there are a ton of events going on outside the convention to keep my nerdy little heart busy.

More to come on this subject!


No comments:

Post a Comment