Thursday, May 22, 2014

Weeee here we go again!

Guess whose going to San Diego Comic Con again???

So I had hoped that I would be one of those Bloggers that had great weekly/biweekly posts with all sorts of stuff to share with the world...and I WAS going to be, but then I realized that I actually work full time ( and sort of have to feed my child occasionally too). 

Here I am now though, ready to babble on about my Comic Con fun for this year. I tried and tried and TRIED to get a badge this year and instead got to spend the morning glued to the computer slowly watching my chances slip away. I had really hoped to grab at least one day so that I would qualify for the pre-sale next year. 



I logged on to the computer sat and waited, got into the "waiting room", watched the blue circle spin and read the pithy updates all morning long. I was logged into Twitter, Facebook, and the live streaming G+ hangout covering the event. I was so totally up to the minute, and it didn't matter a bit. I sat and watched each day sell out and kept thinking " It's OK, I only need ONE day" and then it just didn't happen. 

Have no fear faithful reader, I have a BACKUP plan!  I will be working in Artists' Alley again this year! I know how extremely lucky I am to have the chance to work at the Con and still be able to enjoy every aspect of it ( and even more by being in Artists' Alley).  I really feel like I have won the lottery by being able to help out there. Then add the fact that my bother lives in San Diego and I don't have to stress about hotels ~ I feel like a Hobbit riding and Eagle high in the sky.  ( I always wanted to be an Elf, but let's face it I'm a Hobbit - I've already got the feet to prove it. )
But I will obviously ride a Bald Eagle because Merica


Now all the prepping and planning can begin! I can't wait to see what's in store for me this year. I have learned from last year and others who are far more experienced than myself. Off to make my first of many game plans! 

Are you headed to SDCC this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment